Get Public Limited Company Registration with CLIQTAX @ Rs. 15999* /-
- Offer Price: Rs. 15999* /- (No hidden charges)
- Regular Price: Rs.
- Registration in 10 working days
- Complete online Process
- Satisfaction or Money Back Guarantee
10000 + Business Served
Team of Experts
Easy EMI Options
* The above-mentioned government fee has been calculated on a minimum capital contribution of Rs.100000
* Stamp duty may vary from state to state
* Extra charges for NRI/Foreign directors, or an additional person or Foreign shareholding companies
Get your Public Limited Company Registration @₹ 15999.00* Only
How to Register a Public Limited Company in India?
CLIQTAX will help you register a Public Limited Company in five simple steps
Give us your details
A professional from CLIQTAX will contact you and verify the information provided
Apply for DSC and DIN
We will obtain Digital Signature Certificate (DSC) and DIN for 3 directors
Apply for Name Reservation
Our experts will check for name availability and apply for name approval
Submit the documents
Our team will draft the documents, prepare the application & submit it to ROC for registration
Certificate of Incorporation
Get the Certificate of Incorporation, open the company bank account & start your business.
Registration of Public Limited Company Online- All you need to know
REGISTER A PUBLIC LIMITED COMPANY AT UNBELIEVABLY LOW PRICES WITH THE HELP OF OUR EXPERTS AT CLIQTAX.
Registering a Public Limited Company is very simple and can be done easily with CLIQTAX in less than 10 working days. The complete process is managed online and CLIQTAX provides you with assistance every step of the way. Our experts take care of all legal requirements and manage all the compliances.
A Public Limited Company must have a minimum of seven members and three directors. There is no limit on the maximum number of members or shareholders but the number of directors should not exceed 15 and the Company must have a minimum authorized share capital of Rupees 5 Lakhs.
At CLIQTAX, we offer Public Limited Company registration with 3 Digital Signature Certificates (DSC), 3 Director Identification Number (DIN), Company Registration Certificate (COI), Company MOA & AOA, Company PAN Card, TAN No, ESI, PF registration, GST Registration, Company bank account & Payment Gateway for your company at the lowest price of 6999/- only (inclusive of all government fees and taxes).
Now, you can begin your business operations.
Just call us
Get in touch
and get best price!
According to the Companies Act, a public limited company is a company that has limited liability and offers its shares to the general public, i.e. anyone can purchase and trade the shares of the company through a stock exchange. Registering a business as a Public Limited Company is a suitable option for companies that are medium or large scale or which require huge capital.
A person can purchase stocks of a Public Limited Company through stock market tradings or IPOs (Initial Public Offerings). Thus, all public limited companies can issue debentures, fixed deposits, bonds, etc to raise capital from the investors and general public. This makes public limited companies a very attractive option for new businesses which require funds.
Advantages of public limited company registration
Registered businesses always get preference over unregistered businesses. Corporate customers, government agencies and investors prefer to deal with a registered company instead of a proprietorship. In a public limited company you get the benefit of limited liability along with the status of a separate legal entity. Registering a business as a Public Ltd. Company offers multiple other benefits as follows
- Brand Recognition: It helps you to build your company’s identity and trust in the customer’s mind.
- Ensure Payment Safety: A customer always feels safe, comfortable and assured while dealing with a registered entity.
- Limited Liability: Directors will not be personally liable for the default of the company or for the misconduct of other directors or members, their personal assets are always safe, irrespective of liabilities of business.
- Easy transfer: It is very simple and easy to transfer shares in a public limited company. In other types of business, the process of transferring shares or ownership is very cumbersome. In a public ltd. company, one has to just file the share transfer form and provide the share certificate to the buyer. The buyer can be any individual or company, Indian or foreign.
- Separate Legal Existence: A public ltd. company is a distinct legal entity from its shareholders and has a permanent existence because of this reason. It can hold property in its name, and also have a separate bank account, PAN, contracts, assets and liabilities in its name.
- Greater borrowing capacity: A public limited company has multiple options to raise funds- from institutional investors, banks and financial institutions, and the general public via equity funds, deposits, hedge funds, mutual funds, etc. If the company is listed on the stock exchange market, it can sell its shares to any person or entity who wants to invest.
- Better Growth and Expansion: Due to spreading of risk among a large number of shareholders and more capital, the public limited companies have a higher opportunity for growth and expansion by investing in new projects with the raised capital. The company can have unlimited shareholders and thus increase its amount of capital anytime easily.
- Enhances Credibility: Public Limited Companies need to meet with several legal and financial compliances which leads to more transparency in the structure. A public ltd. company must disclose its audited statement of accounts, hold annual general body meetings for all shareholders and inform the regulatory authority of any changes in its composition. These measures enhance the credibility of the company.
You will also get a Company’s Current Account - Powered by RBL Bank *
Checklist for Registering a Public Limited Company in India
Minimum 7 members required
At least 7 people are required to register a public limited company who will be the shareholders of the company. A minimum of three directors must be appointed in the company.
Unique Company Name
The owner of the public limited company has to select a unique company name to get it registered. The name should be unique & must not resemble any existing brand name or trademark in India.
The business activity must be mentioned in the object clause of the Memorandum of Association of the company. These business activities could be education, technology, farming etc.
No Minimum Capital
There is no minimum capital requirement for registration of a public limited company. However, the minimum authorized share capital of 5 Lakh Rupees is essential.
Company’s Registered Office
A registered office address is required along with valid address proof and pin code to register a company in India. The company can also be registered on a residential address.
If you have any question, feel free to call us at
How to Register Public Limited Company Online - A detailed registration process
Now registering a Public Limited Company is very simple with CLIQTAX. Just follow the steps given below & with a few clicks your registration is done.
Here is the simple step-by-step that should be followed
Submission of documents
Apply for DSC/DPIN
Apply for Name approval
E-MOA & E-AOA Filing
Start your business
Why Choose CLIQTax
CLIQTAX believes at rendering premium services and delivering it in a quick manner. The incorporation services shall be delivered following the SPICe route.
Timely work completion
All time consultancy
One Stop solutions
Selecting the Company name before Registration
Choosing a name for your company is one of the most important decisions you’ll make before registration. The selected name must be unique, easy to identify and relatable. It should not be too complex. It is advisable to choose a meaningful name which relates to the business or service. One must ensure that the chosen name is not similar with any other company, partnership or trademark name.
Therefore, it is advisable to come up with at least six names and check their availability. Our experts will help you to check the selected names on MCA and Trademark database to choose the best name for which you can book website domain as well as trademark registration to secure your brand.
The proposed name should contain three parts
1. Name Part : The first part should contain a unique name which does not match with any existing business in India. The name builds the brand of the business . According to the Companies Act, the name should not be generic or vague and should not contain any offensive words.
2. Object Part : The second part describes the object or business activity of the company and helps promote the business or service. It also makes the consumers aware of the field of operation.
3. Statutory part : The last part of the name represents the type of company or partnership. For a Public Limited company, it is mandatory to write “Limited” at the end of the name as a suffix, according to the Companies Act.
Documents & Information required for PUBLIC LIMITED COMPANY registration
There are certain documents and information required as ID proof and address proof for director and shareholders of the company proposed to be registered which are as follows
For Directors and Shareholders
Identity and Address Proof- Only scanned copy required
- Copy of PAN Card or Passport (for Foreign Nationals & NRIs)
- Copy of Voter’s ID/Passport/Driver’s License/Aadhaar Card
- Copy of the latest bank statement/telephone or mobile bill/electricity or gas bill
- Passport-sized photograph
For the foreign nationals, an apostilled or notarized copy of the passport has to be submitted mandatorily. All documents submitted should be valid. The residence proof documents like the bank statement or the electricity bill must be less than 2 months old.
Registered Office Proof- Only scanned copy
Following are the list of documents required for registered office to register a company in India
- Copy of Notarized rental agreement in English, if the premises are rented
- Copy of No-objection certificate from the property owner
- Copy of sale deed/property deed in English (in case of owned property)
Note : It is not necessary to have a commercial space as registered office of company; you can even use your house address as registered office for communication purposes.
Information Required (Only information NO Documents Required)
How can CLIQTAX help in Registering your Company in India?
With CLIQTAX you can get a public limited company registered from the comfort of your own home. You don’t even need to come out to visit the offices of any professionals to get this work done. This process is completely online & our experts will help you get this registration completed over call within 8 to 10 working days. Our experts will take care of all financial and legal compliances. During the process we will keep you updated about the developments.
After company registration process, you will get
Now, you can begin your business operations.
Just call us at 81440-81440 and get the best price!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
CLIQTAX believes in providing affordable and premium services while delivering them in a quick manner. The incorporation services shall be delivered following the SPICe route.
Q. What is a Public Limited Company?
A public limited company is a type of company registered under the provisions of the Companies Act and can freely trade its stocks to the general public. A public limited company is registered with at least seven members or shareholders and a minimum of three directors must be appointed. The members and shareholders can be the same. There is no maximum limit on the number of shareholders but no more than 15 directors should be appointed. An authorized share capital of Rs. 5 Lakh is prescribed. A public limited company can be listed or unlisted.
Q. What are the prerequisites to register a Public Limited Company in India?
For Public Limited Company registration in India, the following things are required:
- Minimum 3 directors & 7 shareholders/members are required to be appointed, out of which one must be a resident of India. It should be noted here that an individual can become shareholder and director at the same time.
- A place of business in India must be provided as a registered office address.
- KYC documents such as copy of PAN card & Aadhaar card of Directors/Shareholders
- E-mail ID & Mobile number for Directors/Shareholders
Q. How do I file an application to reserve the proposed name for a public limited company?
An applicant can file the maximum of 2 names with their order of preference under RUN form on MCA portal along with the details of nature of business to be carried out. The applicant should comply with the provisions of the Act or regulations. The registrar may ask to re-submit the application with a different name if the names do not fall under the criteria of uniqueness, relevancy or do not fulfill other requirements.
Q. Who can be appointed as a Director in a Public Limited Company?
Any individual above the age of 18 years can be appointed as a director in the company after getting the Digital Signature Certificate (DSC) & Director Identification Number (DIN). Even a foreign national can also become a director in a public limited company. There is no specific criteria prescribed in terms of his/her citizenship or residency. Now-a-days DIN gets allotted at the time of company registration subject to a limit of maximum 3 DIN. If more people require a DIN application, it can be filed separately in form DIR-3 with MCA.
Q. What is a Digital Signature Certificate? Who can apply for it?
From incorporation to regular annual filing, there are multiple e-forms prescribed under MCA which are required to be digitally signed & submitted to the Ministry of Corporate Affairs. Digital Signatures can be used for filing purposes only such as MCA Filing for Company Incorporation, Annual Filing etc. It can also be used for GST Registration & Returns filings, Income Tax filings etc. MCA has authorised certain authorities to issue Digital Signatures Certificates in the form of a token. DSC can be issued in 2 forms, one is class-2 digital signature certificates & another one is class-3 digital signature certificate.
Q. Can a Public Limited Company run multiple businesses?
12Yes, it is a standard practice to include multiple business activities in the object clause of Memorandum of Association (MoA) to cover more scope of business. Business activities which are not related to the same field or of the same nature, those business activities are not allowed under the same company unless approved by ROC.
Q. Is physical presence required during the registration process?
No, the Company registration process is completely online. So, none of the promoters/directors are required to visit physically at any place. All required documents & information can be sent through e-mail or uploaded on our portal for filing. Self-attested scanned copies of all documents & relevant information are required along with your authorisation to submit an application before the authority on your behalf. All the forms are filed online on the MCA web portal, application & documents are digitally signed & submitted before the authority for approval.
Q. What are the Annual Compliance requirements to be fulfilled by a Public Limited Company?
For a public limited company, there are multiple compliances to be done in every financial year which are as follows:
- To hold one Annual General Meeting (AGM) and at least 4 board meetings (one in each quarter).
- Get the company’s accounts and financial statements audited by an independent auditor.
- File the audited financial statements along with the audit report & board report in form AOC – 4 and MGT – 7 as part of Annual Compliance within the given time.
- Re-appointment of auditor of company
- File GST returns, if applicable
- File income tax returns for company as well as for directors of company
- File TDS returns, if applicable
Q. Is stamp duty payable during the company registration process?
Yes, Stamp duty charges are imposed by the state in which the registered office of the company is proposed to be located. The charges are on MOA, AOA & application form. Our charges are covered under the plan for all the states except Kerala, Punjab & Madhya Pradesh. Our experts will guide you on additional charges applicable, if any, for Kerala, Punjab & Madhya Pradesh.
Q. Who should register a Public Limited Company?
If you are a small or medium business looking to expand and pitching for capital, it is advisable to form a public limited company and get listed on the stock exchange. Registering as a public limited company is the best option for businesses who wish to raise funds via institutional investors and the general public. One can easily trade and transfer the shares of the company if it is registered as a public limited company. It is important to note that there is no requirement of a minimum sales or turnover of the company to be registered as a public limited company.
Q. Is there a minimum Share Capital requirement to register a public limited company?
There is no requirement of minimum paid up capital prescribed to register a public limited company as such but it is advisable to have a minimum of Rupees five lakh as an authorised share capital during the registration. Requirement of minimum paid up share capital has been eliminated by the Government as part of the ‘ease of doing business’ initiative to simplify the business registration process in India. However, it is required for every member to subscribe to a minimum number of 1 share to contribute the minimum share capital amount as paid-up share capital to run business smoothly at the time of company registration.
Q. What is the time required for setting up a public limited company in India?
After submission of all the required documents & information, the MCA usually takes 2 to 3 working days to respond to our application. On an average it takes 8 to 10 working days to complete the registration process & immediately after that you can start your business.
Q. What is the Director Identification Number (DIN)?
An individual who wishes to be appointed as a Director in any Company or Designated Partner in an LLP, he or she must first apply for a Director Identification Number. An application can be filed in form DIR-3 with MCA for allotment of Director Identification Number. It must be noted that an individual can’t have more than 1 DIN. Director Identification Number (DIN) is a unique number allotted by the Ministry of Corporate Affairs to an individual.
Q. What is Paid-up Capital and Authorized Share Capital?
Paid-up share capital refers to the actual amount raised by a company; i.e. amount paid by the shareholders on the issuance of shares. Whereas authorised share capital can be defined as the maximum amount of share capital that a company can raise by way of issuance of shares at present or in the future. It is also possible to increase the authorised share capital to raise more paid-up share capital by way of issuance of shares. Anyone can register a public limited company in India by any amount of paid-up share capital not exceeding the amount of authorized share capital. It must be noted that the amount of paid-up share capital can be less or equal to the authorized share capital but can’t be more than the amount of authorised share capital in any case.
Q. Can we register a public limited company at the residential address?
Yes, it is possible to use a residential address for a Public Limited Company registration to receive official communication from authorities such as MCA, Income Tax, GST department etc.
Q. Can NRIs / Foreigners hold shares by way of investment in Public Limited Company?
Yes, NRIs or foreigner nationals can become shareholders or directors in a public limited company subject to Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) guidelines. But such a person can be considered as a director only when there is one director who is a Resident of India. Additional documents would be required which are:
- A Copy of Passport which is attested by the Consulate of Indian Embassy or Foreign Public Notary.
- A Copy of Driving License/ Bank Statement or copy of Electricity Bills or any Property Tax Payment Receipt which is attested by Consulate of Indian Embassy or Foreign Public Notary.
RBI approval is required for foreign capital contribution. Additional charges will be applicable for RBI approval. Our experts at CLIQTAX will advise you on the applicable charges. However, a company will be deemed as a foreign company if the foreign contribution is above 50% of total capital contribution.
Q. What are the statutory compliances required to be done immediately after Public Limited Company registration?
Once, your company is registered, you should complete below-mentioned requirements on priority:
- The opening of the company’s current account within 30 days after receiving the PAN card
- Apply for Certificate of Commencement of Business within 180 days of receiving the Certificate of Incorporation, stating that all the subscribers have paid the subscription money.
- Appointment of a Statutory Auditor
- Depositing paid-up capital as mentioned while registration
- Issuance of share certificates and allotment of shares
- Issue a company prospectus
Questions? Need Help of a Professional