Get Limited Liability Partnership (LLP) Registration with CLIQTAX @ Rs. 6499*/-
- Offer Price: Rs. 6499*/- (No hidden charges)
- Regular Price: Rs.
- Registration in 15 to 20 working days
- Complete online Process
- Satisfaction or Money Back Guarantee
10000 + Business Served
Team of Experts
Easy EMI Options
* The above-mentioned government fee has been calculated on a minimum capital contribution of Rs.100000
* Stamp duty may vary from state to state
* Extra charges for NRI/Foreign directors, or an additional person or Foreign shareholding companies
Get your Limited Liability Partnership Registration @₹ 6499.00* Only
How to Register a Limited Liability Partnership in India?
CLIQTAX will help you register a Limited Liability Partnership (LLP) in five simple steps
Give us your details
A professional from CLIQTAX will contact you and verify the information provided
Apply for DSC and DPIN
We will obtain Digital Signature Certificate (DSC) and DPIN/DIN for both partners
Apply for Name Reservation
Our experts will check for name availability and apply for name approval of LLP
Submit the documents
Our team will draft the agreements, prepare the application & submit it to ROC for registration
Certificate of Incorporation
Get the Certificate of Incorporation, open the bank account & start your business.
Registration of Limited Liability Partnership Online- All you need to know
REGISTER A LIMITED LIABILITY PARTNERSHIP AT MINIMUM PRICE WITH THE HELP OF OUR EXPERTS AT CLIQTAX.
An LLP is less expensive and easier to set up as compared to a Private Limited Company. It provides a type of business that is easy to run and maintain, and is able to secure the owners by providing them the benefits of limited liability of a company and the flexibility of a partnership. The mutual rights and duties of the Limited Liability Partnership are governed by an agreement between the partners.
This type of partnership is a legal entity on its own, i.e. it can hold property in its own name and enter into contracts. The Limited Liability Partnership Act was introduced in 2008 to govern the Limited Liability Partnership (LLP) Registration in India. LLP is a combination of Private Limited Company and a partnership firm.
A Limited Liability Partnership combines the benefits of a company and a partnership by providing the partners a restricted liability and freedom to run their business smoothly.
Benefits of registration of Limited Liability Partnership
Startups, small businesses and professional services like accounting firms, law firms, etc. prefer to get registered as a Limited Liability Partnership due to its numerous advantages
- Ideal for small and micro businesses, professional services and close knit businesses due to its low cost maintenance and greater flexibility in day to day operations.
- Perpetual Existence - An LLP is not dissolved on the death or severance of a partner but continues beyond their existence. This makes it easy for new partners to leave or join the Limited Liability Partnership.
- Protection - The partners in an LLP are not responsible for the misconduct and negligence of the other partner(s) and the guilty partner can be sued separately.
- Limited Liability - The partners’ personal assets are safeguarded from being sold in case of a loss or solvency in an LLP. Only the business assets can be auctioned in case of a default.
- Minimal Compliances - Unlike a Private Limited Company, a Limited Liability Partnership does not have too many strict compliances of regular board meetings and statutory audits.
- No minimum capital required to start a Limited Liability Partnership.
- Tax Audit is not required upto capital of Rs. 25 Lakhs and turnover not exceeding Rs. 40 Lakhs
Checklist for Registering a Limited Liability Partnership in India
Minimum 2 individuals required
At least 2 partners are required to register the partnership. Both the partners should be above 18 years of age. One partner should be an Indian resident.
Unique Name of Partnership
The chosen name should be unique and must not match with any existing business, brand name, trademark or partnership in India.
A business activity or objective must be mentioned in the partnership agreement. For example, Accounting, Architecture, Education etc.
No Minimum Capital Requirement
There is no requirement of minimum capital for a Limited Liability Partnership and the partnership can be started with any amount of capital investment.
Any commercial/industrial/residential property can be used as a registered office address for the purpose of communication with the MCA.
If you have any question, feel free to call us at
How to Register a Limited Liability Partnership Online - A detailed registration process
CLIQTAX makes it easy to register a Limited Liability Partnership in India. Here is the simple, step-by-step process that should be followed
Submission of documents
Apply for DSC/DPIN
Apply for Name approval
LLP Deed Filing
Start your business
Why Choose CLIQTax
CLIQTAX believes at rendering premium services and delivering it in a quick manner. The incorporation services shall be delivered following the SPICe route.
Timely work completion
All time consultancy
Selecting the LLP name before Registration
Choosing a name for your partnership is one of the most important decisions you’ll make before registration. The selected name must be unique, easy to identify and relatable. It should not be too complex. It is advisable to choose a meaningful name which relates to the business or service. One must ensure that the chosen name is not similar with any other company, partnership or trademark name.
Therefore, it is advisable to come up with at least six names and check their availability. Our experts will help you to check the selected names on MCA and Trademark database to choose the best name for which you can book website domain as well as trademark registration to secure your brand.
The proposed name should contain three parts
1. Name Part : The first part should contain a unique name which does not match with any existing business in India. The name builds the brand of the business . According to the LLP Act, the name should not be generic or vague and should not contain any offensive words.
2. Object Part : The second part describes the object or business activity of the partnership and helps promote the business or service. It also makes the consumers aware of the field of operation.
3. Statutory part : The last part of the name represents the type of company or partnership. For a limited liability partnership, it is mandatory to write “LLP” at the end of the name as a suffix, according to the Limited Liability Partnership Act, 2008.
Documents & Information required for LLP Registration
In India, one can register a limited liability partnership with proper identity proof and address proof of the partners involved.
Following are the list of documents and information required to proceed for online LLP registration
Identity and Address Proof- Only scanned and self attested copy
- Copy of PAN Card or Passport (for Foreign Nationals & NRIs)
- Copy of Voter’s ID/Passport/Driver’s License/Aadhaar Card
- Copy of the latest bank statement/telephone or mobile bill/electricity or gas bill
- Passport-sized photograph
For the foreign nationals, an apostilled or notarized copy of the passport has to be submitted mandatorily. All documents submitted should be valid. The residence proof documents like the bank statement or the electricity bill must be less than 2 months old.
Registered Office Proof- Only scanned copy
Following are the list of documents required for registered office to register a company in India
- Copy of Notarized rental agreement in English, if the premises are rented
- Copy of No-objection certificate from the property owner
- Copy of sale deed/property deed in English (in case of owned property)
Note : It is not necessary to have a commercial space as registered office of the limited liability partnership; you can even use your house address as registered office for communication purposes.
Information Required (Only information NO Documents Required)
How can CLIQTAX help in registering a limited liability partnership in India?
You can get your partnership registered as an LLP from the comfort of your home. You don’t even need to visit the office of any professional to get this work done. At CLIQTAX, this process is completely online & our experts will help you get the LLP registration completed over call within 15 to 20 working days. During the process we will keep you updated about the ongoing developments.
After LLP registration process, you will get
Now, you can begin your business operations.
Just call us at 81440-81440 and get the best price!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
CLIQTAX believes in providing affordable and premium services while delivering them in a quick manner. Here are the answers on some questions you may have regarding a partnership firm.
Q. What is the minimum number of partners required to form a Limited Liability Partnership ?
According to the Limited Liability Partnership Act, 2008, two designated partners are required to start an LLP. One of these partners should be an Indian resident. These designated partners are responsible for fulfilling all the essential requirements involved in starting and running an LLP. There is no limit to the maximum number of partners. Moreover, even an LLP or a company can become a partner but only an individual can become a designated partner.
Q. What are the minimum requirements to register a Limited Liability Partnership in India?
The minimum requirements to register a Limited Liability Partnership in India are:
- Minimum 2 partners, bothe over 18 years of age and one of whom must be an Indian resident.
- A place of business in India must be provided as a registered office address.
- KYC documents such as copy of PAN card & Aadhaar card of both partners
- E-mail ID & mobile number of both partners
Q. How can I become eligible to get benefits under the Startup India Initiative?
Following are the list of entities which qualify as a “Startup” for the purpose of Government schemes:
- Private Limited Company (PLC)
- Registered Partnership Firm
- Limited Liability Partnership (LLP)
Following conditions are applicable on all entities & should be satisfied for qualifying as a startup:
- Entity Age Limit: It should not be older than 5 years or more. Not more than 5 years should have passed from the date of entity incorporation/ registration
- Turnover criteria: Turnover for any of the financial year has not crossed INR 25 crore
- Objectives: It is working towards innovation, development, deployment or commercialization of new products, processes or services driven by technology or intellectual property
CLIQTAX team will help you in getting registered under the Startup India Initiative to avail the benefits.
Q. How much time does it take to register a limited liability partnership in India?
After submission of all required documents & information, the Registrar under MCA usually takes 3 to 5 working days to respond on our application. On an average it takes 15 to 20 working days to complete the registration process & immediately after getting the Certificate of Incorporation, PAN & TAN, you can start your business.
Q. What is the Director Identification Number (DIN)?
An individual who wishes to be appointed as a Director or Designated Partner in an LLP, he must first apply for a DSC (Digital Signature Certificate) . Thereafter, he needs to apply for DIN/DPIN in form DIR-3 with MCA for allotment of Director Identification Number.
It must be noted that an individual can’t have more than one DIN. Director Identification Number (DIN) is a unique number allotted by the Ministry of Corporate Affairs to an individual.
Q. Can a Limited Liability Partnership run multiple businesses?
Yes, an LLP can run multiple businesses, all of which should be mentioned in the agreement deed of the Limited Liability Partnership. Businesses activities which are not related to the same field or are not of the same nature are not allowed under the same LLP unless approved by ROC.
Q. Is physical presence required during the registration process?
No, LLP registration process is completely online. So, none of the partners are required to physically visit any office. All the required documents & information can be sent through e-mail or uploaded on our portal at CLIQTAX for filing. We only require self-attested scanned copies of all documents & relevant information along with your authorisation to submit an application before the authority on your behalf.
All the forms are filed online on the MCA web portal, application & documents are digitally signed & submitted before the authority for approval.
Q. What are the statutory compliances to be done immediately after Limited Liability Partnership registration?
Once, your LLP gets registered, you should complete below-mentioned requirements on priority basis within 30 days of registration:
- The opening of the LLP’s current account within 30 days after receiving the PAN card
- Appointment of a Statutory Auditor
Q. I own a small business/start-up. Should I go for a Limited Liability Partnership?
It is advisable for small businesses and start-ups to get their business registered as limited liability partnerships because of their less compliances and cost-effectiveness. It is easier and cheaper to set up an LLP as compared to a private limited company as the tax audits only apply when the turnover exceeds 40 lakhs and/or the capital contribution exceeds 25 lakhs. However, if you are actively looking for investments from venture capitalists, you can go for a private or public limited company.
Q. What is the minimum capital required to register a limited liability partnership?
There is no requirement of minimum capital to register a limited liability partnership. The partnership can be started with any amount of capital investment. You only need to have a bank account with the minimum balance. However, each partner needs to contribute financially to form the partnership as the partners are also the owners of the business. The amount of capital contribution is mentioned in the LLP agreement and based on that, the stamp duty is collected.
Q. How to file an application to reserve the proposed LLP name?
An applicant can file a maximum of 2 names with their order of preference under RUN form on MCA portal along with the details of nature of business to be carried out. The applicant should comply with the provisions of the Act or regulations. The registrar may ask to re-submit the application with a different name if the proposed names do not fall under the criteria of uniqueness, relevancy or do not fulfil other requirements.
Q. Can an NRI or foreign national can be a partner in a Limited Liability Partnership?
Yes. Any individual above the age of 18 years can be a partner in an LLP, regardless of his residency or citizenship. The LLP Act allows NRIs, foreign nationals, foreign companies and LLPs to be a partner in an LLP in India provided that they submit the required notarized documents. However, only an Indian resident can become a designated partner.
Q. What is a Digital Signature Certificate? Who can apply for it?
From incorporation to regular annual filing, there are multiple e-forms prescribed under MCA which are required to be digitally signed & submitted to the Ministry of Corporate Affairs. Digital Signatures can be used for filing purposes only such as MCA Filing for LLP Incorporation, Annual Filing etc. It can also be used for GST Registration & Returns filings, Income Tax filings etc.
MCA has authorised certain authorities to issue Digital Signatures Certificates in the form of a token. DSC can be issued in 2 forms, one is class-2 digital signature certificates & another one is class-3 digital signature certificate.
Q. Can we register a limited liability partnership at the residential address?
Yes, it is possible to use a residential address for the Limited Liability Partnership registration to receive official communication from authorities such as MCA, Income Tax, GST department etc.
Q. Is stamp duty payable during LLP registration process?
Yes, Stamp duty charges are imposed by the state in which the registered office of the LLP is proposed to be located. Our charges are covered under the plan for all the states except Kerala, Punjab & Madhya Pradesh.
Our experts will guide you on additional charges applicable if any for Kerala, Punjab & Madhya Pradesh.
Q. What are the Annual Compliance requirements to be fulfilled by a Limited Liability Partnership?
For a limited liability partnership, certain compliances have to be followed in every financial year which are as follows:
- Get the LLP’s accounts and financial statements audited by an independent auditor if the capital contribution exceeds 25 lakhs and/or if the turnover exceeds 40 lakhs.
- If the capital contribution is not over 25 lakhs and/or the turnover is less than 40 lakhs, there is no need to get an audit done.
- File the audited financial statements along with the audit report in form 11 as part of Annual Compliance before 30th May each year. Form 11 includes details about the number of partners, total contribution received by all partners, details of corporate body, if any, as partners and summary of partners.
- In addition to Form 11, Form 8 also needs to be filed within 30 days from the end of 6 months of the financial year. Hence, LLP Form 8 must be submitted on or before 30th October of each financial year.
- Re-appointment of auditor of LLP
- File GST returns, if applicable
- File income tax returns for the partners
- File TDS returns, if applicable
Questions? Need Help of a Professional